Underfloor heating provides a soft and pleasant heat and is energy efficient. The main idea of the radiant floor is to distribute heat in our house by heating the floor of the same, from here there are two quite different possibilities:
Radiant wire or electric radiant floor
Mainly, it consists of heating the floor by means of an electrical conductor (cable) arranged inside it. The source of energy is electricity, therefore, in this option, the electricity consumption will be quite high.
The installation is relatively simple. Within this type we can differentiate those that are used for ceramic floors and those that we can use for other types of floors such as wood. The type of electric floor works only with electrical energy and is installed under the floor covering. It has a structure that allows heat to pass through when heated. This structure is insulated with a polyethylene sheet to maintain its safety. Unlike other heating systems, it has the advantage of distributing heat evenly and prevents air movements, which provides great thermal comfort in the place where it is installed.
Underfloor heating by water
This system consists of a network of pipes distributed inside the floor of the room. Through them circulate hot water, thus increasing the temperature of the floor and heating the house.
Unlike radiators, in the case of radiant floor the thermal emission surface is much higher, so that high temperatures are not required to distribute the same thermal power.
Contrary to what many people think, the radiant floor by water is not associated with any particular water heating system, it can be used with boilers, heat pumps and even with solar energy.
As you can see is a very tempting heating system, it also has many advantages and can be installed in the area of the house we want.
Advantages of the underfloor heating:
- Much greater comfort is achieved since the temperature of the air close to the ground will be slightly higher than the air temperature at the height of the head. And the heat is distributed evenly throughout the house.
- Does not occupy space as radiators, and is more aesthetic since it does not affect the decoration of the house.
- It is a healthier system because the absence of drafts reduces dust, does not produce dryness, and low humidity manages to prevent the appearance of mites.
- The installation of radiant floor can mean a saving between 10% and 20% in relation to other conventional heating systems.
- This system can work continuously for many hours so it is very useful for houses or buildings with a busy schedule.