Choosing to install a boiler in our home is a more than right decisión to help créate a comfortable and cozy space, but what typees of boileers exist in the current market and which one should I choose? Below we detail the options that we find and that base their operation on the type of fuel they use.
Gas boiler. Depending on the power they have, we find standing or wall-mounted boilers, and for their operation they use natural gas or LPG gas (Liquefied Petroleum Gas, which mixes liquefied gases present in natural gas or dissolved in oil, or a more practical definition would be say they mix propane and butane).
In recent times and with the advancement of technologies, the boilers that are being manufactured expel less CO2 and are much more environmentally friendly.
Condensing boiler. It is the most efficient boiler in the market. It takes advantage of the latent heat of the fumes coming from the combustion and cools them below the dew temperature (temperature at which the water vapor passes from gaseous to liquid state), thus it manages to release energy in the form of heat and that it takes advantage to heat the water in the heating circuit.
This type of boiler is used to provide heat energy to low temperature radiators, fan coils, underfloor heating and for the production on hot water.
Biomass boiler or pellets. It uses biodegradable fossil fuels, making it the most ecological system that currently exists, and also generates much less pollution. They can work with pellets, firewood, chips, olive bones…and their desing depends on the type of material to be used.
If we want to have a comfortable home and take care of the environment at the same time, without a doubt, this type of boiler is our best option.
Gas oil boiler. As the name implies, they use gas oil as fuel. They are cheaper, have a simple maintenance, and it is a very demanded option for large houses, premises and warehouses, since they can heat a stay in a short time. They are also preparated to withstand higher temperatures than other boilers and incorporate various accessories focused on automatically turning off any problem. In return for this, it must be said that they pollute more than those described above and that they require extra space to install the oil tank.
Are you worried that in the summer the electricity bill will be triggered by the use of Air Conditioning? Below we will show you how to reduce the electricity consumption of your air conditioner and save money on your bill:
Move the air conditioning away from the areas where the sun is most affected. The heat will harm its operation, causing it to work more and, consequently, increase its consumption
Install a thermostat.
By installing a thermostat we can control the temperature of the space both when the air conditioner is turned off and on. In this way we will control the temperature to use or not the air conditioning and we will avoid the unnecessary use of energy.
Switch off before leaving
Before leaving home, we must make sure that the air conditioner is switched off. If we do not do it, we will waste our energy and we will have an unnecessary expense.
Before the heat arrives, perform a maintenance of your air conditioning equipment and renew the filters. Thus, your device will consume less and have more useful life time.
Keep doors and windows tightly closed
To retain the temperature of the air conditioning for a longer period of time and to make it more efficient, the doors and windows should remain closed. In this way we will save energy and take advantage of the air that it provides us.
Use energy efficient appliances.
In the long run, it is more profitable to acquire a device qualified as A +++, with which we can save up to 60% of energy. Choose the model well. If you are going to install an air conditioner, let yourself be advised by experts who can advise you on the model and the characteristics that best suit your needs. Whenever possible, choose models that have the A + or higher energy certification, as they guarantee optimal energy efficiency.
If you are thinking of buying one for home, we tell you the different domestic air conditioning systems that exist to help you choose the one that best suits your needs. There are many types of air conditioning, we will treat you the most common:
What types of air conditioners are there?
It requires a hole in the wall to be installed and this fact complicates a change of future location. Half of the appliance is on the outside and the other half on the inside.
These are the teams that are currently installing the most, since they have many advantages. They are relatively cheap and offer a wide variety of powers. The unit with the compressor is located on the outside of the house and communicates with the interior by means of pipes. Its advantages are that it makes little noise, the hole to connect the outdoor unit with the inside is relatively small and easy to maintain.
Similar to the wall in operation. Its operation is similar to those of wall although they are usually of greater capacity. Its installation is more expensive and complex. But with a single team you get a great power capacity, very suitable for large spaces.
Your entire system is inside a box attached to some wheels. Its advantages are that they can be transported from one place to another, they are not noisy and do not require installation, but their price is high and they are not as powerful.
These equipment offer a high level of comfort, they add a lot of value to the home that has them. The maintenance is simple and spaced in time, but the cost of the installation is, since it requires the use of ducts, soffits and the creation of a false ceiling.
Air conditioning can be a great ally for your well-being if used properly. Favoring, among other things, the comfort of your home. In addition to air conditioning the house, a filter air conditioner, clean the air in your home of particles such as pollen or dust, capture contaminants such as viruses and bacteria, and even decompose odors.
Here are some of the benefits of having air conditioning filters in a state of optimal cleaning and maintenance:
• Improve air quality. The filters allow to regenerate the air of the environment and purify it, preventing the circulation of contaminating microscopic particles and avoiding mites.
• Reduce the percentage of diseases developed by pathogenic microorganisms
• If you have allergies. It uses air conditioning equipment with filters, including air purifiers and dehumidifiers that guarantee air quality. With these systems that remove impurities from the air, the symptoms of these allergic diseases go down considerably.
• The filters allow to maintain optimum humidity levels in the environment: they are capable of sterilizing the air and self-cleaning and drying systems of the indoor unit to control the development and proliferation of bacteria and fungi, so that the probability of suffering infectious diseases.
Use air conditioners with filters or even air purifiers to ensure air quality. Of course, do not forget that air conditioning filters require periodic maintenance to work properly.
Cassette air conditioning is a machine that comes very well for high ceilings and its performance is spectacular, because it distributes the air on its 4 sides from top to bottom, thus creating an air curtain that allows you to air-condition any place in a surprising way.
It is formed by an interior unit and an exterior unit. The outdoor unit is installed on the outside wall of the room. The indoor unit contains the cooling system, a long fan and an air filter.
The air conditioning cassette is ideal for hotels, cafes, offices and many more, maintaining a comfortable temperature for your guests, colleagues regardless of the temperature outside.
Characteristics and Advantages
When dealing with equipment that is installed in a false ceiling, the air conditioners cassette have the advantage of air conditioning from top to bottom, so we ensure a more uniform air conditioning.
When we need the equipment to work in heat, the impulsion fins move towards the bottom, pushing the hot air towards the ground, thus heating the place perfectly.
The installation of cassette air conditioners is very similar to a ducted air conditioning system, since for this it is also necessary to install it in a false ceiling.
The air conditioning cassette is a silent and unbeatable quality equipment, its technology has the latest advances in terms of air conditioning.
Underfloor heating provides a soft and pleasant heat and is energy efficient. The main idea of the radiant floor is to distribute heat in our house by heating the floor of the same, from here there are two quite different possibilities:
Radiant wire or electric radiant floor
Mainly, it consists of heating the floor by means of an electrical conductor (cable) arranged inside it. The source of energy is electricity, therefore, in this option, the electricity consumption will be quite high.
The installation is relatively simple. Within this type we can differentiate those that are used for ceramic floors and those that we can use for other types of floors such as wood. The type of electric floor works only with electrical energy and is installed under the floor covering. It has a structure that allows heat to pass through when heated. This structure is insulated with a polyethylene sheet to maintain its safety. Unlike other heating systems, it has the advantage of distributing heat evenly and prevents air movements, which provides great thermal comfort in the place where it is installed.
Underfloor heating by water
This system consists of a network of pipes distributed inside the floor of the room. Through them circulate hot water, thus increasing the temperature of the floor and heating the house.
Unlike radiators, in the case of radiant floor the thermal emission surface is much higher, so that high temperatures are not required to distribute the same thermal power.
Contrary to what many people think, the radiant floor by water is not associated with any particular water heating system, it can be used with boilers, heat pumps and even with solar energy.
As you can see is a very tempting heating system, it also has many advantages and can be installed in the area of the house we want.
Advantages of the underfloor heating:
- Much greater comfort is achieved since the temperature of the air close to the ground will be slightly higher than the air temperature at the height of the head. And the heat is distributed evenly throughout the house.
- Does not occupy space as radiators, and is more aesthetic since it does not affect the decoration of the house.
- It is a healthier system because the absence of drafts reduces dust, does not produce dryness, and low humidity manages to prevent the appearance of mites.
- The installation of radiant floor can mean a saving between 10% and 20% in relation to other conventional heating systems.
- This system can work continuously for many hours so it is very useful for houses or buildings with a busy schedule.
One of the biggest disadvantages of winter is having to turn on the heating, due to the high cost involved.
With these tips you will get more efficient use:
1. Do not use radiators as a dryer. In winter, many people tend to place freshly laundered clothes on the radiators, so that they dry faster. It is a bad practice because it does not allow hot air to circulate.
2. Maintain an adequate temperature. Experts advise keeping a temperature of 16-18 degrees during the night, and between 20-21 degrees during the day. Keep in mind that for each additional grade the cost of heating increases by 7%.
3. Bleed the radiators. It is important because the air bubbles that are created inside prevent the transmission of heat and increase energy consumption.
4. Ventilate the house in the morning. At the time of ventilating the house in the morning, with 10 minutes is enough to renew the air. More time will only help lower the interior temperature.
5. Take advantage of the natural heat. We must take advantage of the sunny hours to heat our home and thus save on heating. Keeping the windows closed with the blinds raised is a very optimal method to get our home heated.
6. Do a correct maintenance. Check your boiler and radiators periodically. As you can see, they are simple tricks, but at the same time very effective.
If you put them all in practice you can save between 10 and 40% on heating, depending on the starting point. It is worth trying!
First, choose an efficient device. All appliances have an identifying label that indicates the degree of efficiency that has. The letter A, accompanied by “+” and green, are indicative of an energy efficient device.
In case of having it, install Eco mode, since it allows to reduce consumption by 30%. Isolate your home Good insulation maintains the interior temperature. Clean the appliance regularly.
The air filters, when dirty, force the unit to consume more energy than usual to be able to cool. Install the appliances as far away from the direct sun as possible. If the sun is constantly on it can not only damage the system, but it will also work more and, therefore, consume more.
When the winter cold arrives, we begin to wonder if our air conditioning equipment will also be useful when temperatures start to drop. With the hot-cold equipment, we have the great advantage of being able to use our air conditioning equipment throughout the year.
How should we use it correctly?
To begin we must know that the air conditioning used as heating implies another configuration at the time of use. If we have the equipment in summer mode, that is, in cold we must modify it to make use of the heat pump that the equipment carries. Since if we raise the degrees in “Cold Mode” we will not get the heat pump that our team has integrated, start working .. Otherwise, not only will you not be able to heat your stay, but you will also be wasting this incredible functionality.
To activate this heat pump, we must change the “Mode” on the remote control and choose the “Heat Mode” generally represented by the Sun symbol.
Once the equipment is in this heat mode, other configurations can be made to optimize its operation.
– It regulates the temperature, it is recommended to use it between 20 and 22ºC throughout the day, and between 16 and 18ºC at night, with this we will be able to make more efficient use of the air conditioning unit.
– It modifies the position of the deflector or leja of the unit, since the hot air is less heavy than the cold, reason why it tends to raise and to remain in the high part of the stay. Therefore, placing the deflector vertically or downwards, we contribute to the hot air being distributed throughout the room.
What are the advantages of having an air conditioner with a heat pump?
- Useful equipment all year round: They offer cooling in summer and heating in winter.
- They provide a great energy saving: The use of heat pump equipment with Inverter technology and energy efficiency can reduce energy consumption by up to 30% compared to traditional heating systems.
- They guarantee a clean and quality air: Thanks to special filters that eliminate particles and bacteria, viruses, microbes, etc … in the air.
- No CO2 emissions: These heat pump systems do not produce direct CO2 emissions.
- Simple maintenance: simply clean once and per year as described in the manual.