One of the biggest disadvantages of winter is having to turn on the heating, due to the high cost involved.
With these tips you will get more efficient use:
1. Do not use radiators as a dryer. In winter, many people tend to place freshly laundered clothes on the radiators, so that they dry faster. It is a bad practice because it does not allow hot air to circulate.
2. Maintain an adequate temperature. Experts advise keeping a temperature of 16-18 degrees during the night, and between 20-21 degrees during the day. Keep in mind that for each additional grade the cost of heating increases by 7%.
3. Bleed the radiators. It is important because the air bubbles that are created inside prevent the transmission of heat and increase energy consumption.
4. Ventilate the house in the morning. At the time of ventilating the house in the morning, with 10 minutes is enough to renew the air. More time will only help lower the interior temperature.
5. Take advantage of the natural heat. We must take advantage of the sunny hours to heat our home and thus save on heating. Keeping the windows closed with the blinds raised is a very optimal method to get our home heated.
6. Do a correct maintenance. Check your boiler and radiators periodically. As you can see, they are simple tricks, but at the same time very effective.
If you put them all in practice you can save between 10 and 40% on heating, depending on the starting point. It is worth trying!