When an air conditioner makes noise, it is usually because it has been installed for several years and noise or vibrations may appear due to the constant changes in temperature to which the devices are exposed, especially the outdoor units. The main reason is usually the moving parts, that is, the compressor and the fan. All equipment, even the quietest ones, have a certain sound level, even if it is very low, when they are working.
• Fan blades. Throughout the use, this fan suffers loss of lubrication or bolts that hold the blades are released and, when it passes, the blades collide with the grilles that wrap around the front of the device. This is solved with the change of the blades.
• Compressor. The compressor is the motor that is inside any air conditioning equipment. Your mission is to cool the air in the room. Depending on its quality, among other factors, it will make more or less noise when it starts working, due to the vibrations it generates.
• Fan. It is the piece that moves the air, it can also be excessively loud if it collides with some internal element of the equipment, which due to the vibrations could have moved. For this operation you will have to consult with an air conditioning technician, since he is the one who can best advise us.
• Case. It is very common the noise of the housing due to changes in temperature, internal pipe collision or grid and plate shock due to the constant vibrations of the appliance in operation.
• Lack of maintenance or dirt. In this case it will be convenient to make a revision of the equipment and remove dust, dirt, dry leaves or any other element that may obstruct the equipment.
If you have noticed strange noises in your device, contact a specialized technician to assess where the noise comes from and mitigate it. If the air conditioner that you have chosen or that you have in your house is old I recommend you to know the new inverters that offer less noise with very innovative materials.